Staffing First is seeking to fill strategic roles of Registered Nurse Case Managers for a reputable well-established behavioral health out-patient adult services facilities in Phoenix metro areas of AZ. These are Temporary Month-to-Month contracted positions with possible TEMP-to-HIRE potential for a good fit. These are fast-paced up-tempo work environments.
Provides nursing case management services to recipients primarily assigned to a specific clinic. May float to cover other clinics. Services include engagement, assessment, triage, treatment planning, medication administration, health and medication education, physical healthcare advocacy, and supportive care. Has an assigned caseload and is available as needed to any recipient assigned to their clinic. Participates in utilization management and quality improvement activities as required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Case management, nursing assessments, medication administration, injections, and venipuncture.
• Completes annual PCP and targeted PCP Coordination activities.
• Identifies opportunities to assist recipients in obtaining needed physical healthcare.
• Actively involved in pharmacy benefit coordination.
• Work with different TPL and payers to ensure recipients get needed medication.
• Accurately and thoroughly document all activities in the clinical and electronic record.
• Practices according to evidence-based practices and DBHS Performance Improvement Protocols and Technical Assistance Documents as posted on DBHS website.
• Practices according to the recovery model and knows and practices engagement skills including motivational interviewing; and assists recipients to define and achieve their own recovery goals.
• Identifies potential barriers to quality care and opportunities for improvement and reports them to lead nurse or director of nursing.
• Participates in UM and QI activities as required.
• Participates in Utilization Reviews.
• Work with 3rd Party Payers and research insurance companies that will pay for certain services.
• After hours, on-call rotation as needed.
• Must have 5+ years prior RN experience Behavioral Health or Psychiatric with SMI Adults.
• Must have 3+ years prior Case Management experience Behavioral Health or Psychiatric.
• Must have medication administer experience and knowledge of psychiatric medications.
• Must have high-volume case load experience.
• Must have recent Phlebotomy Blood Draw and Injection experience.
• Thorough and working knowledge of psychiatric and co-occurring disorders is imperative.
• Knowledge of DSM-IV–TR codes and descriptions, psychotropic medications and crisis intervention.
• Requires effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to follow direction, use of sound judgment and excellent time management skills are essential.
• Must maintain good recipient relationships, and be able to identify priorities and stay organized.
• Knowledge of community based behavioral health services preferred.
• Must have strong computer proficiency and electronic documentation experience.
• Ability to use current electronic records management system.
• Frequently uses Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Preferred typing skills of 25-30 wpm.
Education, Certification and Summary of Requirements
• Registered Nursing degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience meeting OBHL standards of BHP equivalent.
• Current RN license issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
• Minimum of 5 years prior psychiatric / behavioral health experience with SMI adults.
• Must have AZ Finger Print Clearance Card.
• Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and CPI Certifications.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with valid Arizona Drivers License.
Base Pay: $32.00 – $36.00 /Hour
Other Pay: Pay Based on Experience
Industry Type: Healthcare – Health Services, Social Services, Managed Care
Required Education: 2 Year Degree
Experience: At least 5 year(s)