Multiple Case Managers neededfor reputable well-established Behavioral health out-patient adult services facilities. These are Temp-to-Hire opportunities with long-term growth potential, excellent pay and benefits, within a fast-paced up-tempo work environment.
Candidates MUST have 1+ year prior Behavioral Health or Psychiatric experience with SMI Adults.
As a member of the clinical team, participates in the assessment and service plan development and implements services to recipients in accordance with their individualized service plan (ISP). Communicates and documents recipient’s progress toward their recovery. Creates and maintains a focus with each recipient in four areas: recovery, community, employment, and co-occurring disorders.
• Works collaboratively with the clinical team to engage, educate, communicate, and coordinate care with recipient, their family, behavioral and general medical and dental health care providers, community resources and others to ensure that all services prescribed in the individualized service plan (ISP) are implemented.
• Works with recipients to develop a role for themselves outside of their mental illness, while focusing on expected outcomes of increased employment, Meaningful Community Activity (MCA), independent living status, and social network, as well as decreased substance use/abuse.
• Assistance in maintaining, monitoring and modifying covered behavioral health services.
• Serve as a point of contact to ensure ongoing collaboration including the communication of appropriate clinical information with other involved parties as appropriate and coordination of care with a recipient’s family, behavioral and general medical and dental health care providers, community resources, and other involved supports including educational, social, judicial, community and other State agencies.
• Ensures all covered services identified on the service plan are evaluated and updated monthly.
• Participates in staffing, case conferences or other meetings with or without the recipient or recipient’s family participating.
• Coordinates referral or completes the screening and assessment on all recipients on caseload for financial entitlements (AHCCCS, SSI/SSD etc.).
• Completes AHCCCS applications on all recipients on caseload meeting criteria.
• Ensures that transfers to out-of-area, out-of-state or to an Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) contractor, are coordinated as applicable.
• Ensures the development and implementation of transition, discharge, and aftercare plans prior to discontinuation of behavioral health services.
• Education, Certification and Summary of Requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science Field
• OR equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience meeting OBHL standards of BHT equivalent.
• Minimum of one (1) year in Behavioral Health or Psychiatric working with SMI adults.
• Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and CPI Certifications.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with valid AZ Drivers License.
• Must have AZ Finger Print Clearance Card.
• Must have a valid Arizona driver’s licence.
• Must have a registered and reliable vehicle that meets Arizona state law standards and meets insurance standards of the company.
• Position requires travel between company sites.
Knowledge and Ability Requirements
Thorough and working knowledge of psychiatric and co-occurring disorders is imperative. Knowledge of DSM-IV–TR codes and descriptions, psychotropic medications and crisis intervention. Requires effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow direction, use of sound judgment and excellent time management skills are essential. Must maintain good recipient relationships, and be able to identify priorities and stay organized. Preferred typing skills of 25-30 wpm. Knowledge of community based behavioral health services preferred.
Base Pay : $14.00 / hour
Other Pay : Temp-to-Hire. upon hire then pay increase + benefits
Employee Type : Full-Time
Industry : Healthcare – Health Services, Social Services, Managed Care
Nonprofit – Social Services
Education : High School
Experience : At least 1 year(s)
Travel : Negligible